[Rarebooks] [b] fs: 3 early Movie books

David Klappholz d.klappholz at worldnet.att.net
Wed Dec 7 12:26:41 EST 2005

At 11:38 AM 12/7/2005, Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA wrote:

>All 3 books- $100 net, ppd.
>

>Gale, Arthur L.  "HOW TO WRITE A MOVIE" New York; Brick Row Book Shop:

As you probably know, Brick Row Book Shop was one of the most
prominent antiquarian/rare bookstores in the 1920's and 1930's, and
E. Byrne Hackett, it's proprietor, a very prominent bookseller. There
were Brick Rows in NYC, Cambridge, and New Haven, I believe; at the
end of Hackett's time, the name, and likely the stock, was bought and
a Brick Row was opened in Texas (Austin?); it was sold again, and now
Brick Row is a very prominent high-end bookstore in SF.

Regards
Dave

PS A. Edward Newton was, naturally, a good friend of Hackett's and a
patron of the various Brick Rows of his day; I have a copy of
Newton's Amenities inscribed to the Cambridge Brick Row in 1919 -- my
only AEN inscription to a store, rather than to a person.