[Rarebooks] fs-Law French

Joe Luttrell rarelaw at meyerbos.com
Tue Feb 8 21:42:11 EST 2005

May we offer,

MAITLAND, F.W. (ed.).  Year Books of Edward II. 1&2 Edward II. A.D. 1307-1309.
Volume I [The Year Books Series, Volume I]. Bernard Quaritch [for the Selden
Society], London, 1903.  Later blue buckram, gilt, a very good copy. [68118
L73L76E] $ 350.00

Maitland's dazzling, pioneering effort commencing the Selden
Society's Year Books Series, speculating on the origin and purpose
of the Year Books and containing his essay which, in John Baker's
words, "is still the best introduction to Law French".

****************************
  Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
  Rare and Scholarly Law Exclusively
  2141 Mission Street #302
  San Francisco CA 94110
  415 255 6400
  415 255 6499 FAX
  rarelaw at meyerbos.com
  www.meyerbos.com

  Member, Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America
  and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers