[Rarebooks] fs: Barbary Wars, U.S.Naval Documents (7 vols)

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Fri Feb 25 10:13:38 EST 2005

Greetings All,

For your consideration:
~
(No. 7646 )  United States Office of Naval Records and Library, under the
supervision of Dudley W. Knox. NAVAL DOCUMENTS RELATED TO THE UNITED STATES
WARS WITH THE BARBARY POWERS: NAVAL OPERATIONS INCLUDING DIPLOMATIC
BACKGROUND FROM 1785 THROUGH 1807 [WITH] REGISTER OF OFFICER PERSONNEL
UNITED STATES NAVY AND MARINE CORPS AND SHIPS' DATA 1801-1807 (7 VOLS.).
Washington: Government Printing Office, 1939-1945. First printings, Full
cloth, Octavos, , Black & white plates, tables, fold-out maps, plans. Very
Good.
      This monumental set plus the Register of Personnel and Ships' Data
together form the single best source of information on the young U.S. Navy's
confrontations with the Barbary Powers of northern Africa in the early 19th
century. The wealth of documents is arranged chronologically in six volumes
as follows: Vol. I, 1785-1801; Vol. II, Jan. 1802-Aug. 1803; Vol. III, Sept.
1803-Mar. 1804; Vol. IV, Apr. 1804-Sept. 6, 1804; Vol. V, Sept. 7, 1804-Apr.
1805; Vol. VI, 1805-1807. The seventh volume contains details of service for
individual officers in the years 1801-1807, along with specifications and
records of cost, construction, command, and action for the ships in service
during the same period. This latter volume also contains 20 folded plates
showing sail plans, lines, deck plans, etc., of the vessels, most of which
are photographically reproduced from the original drawings of the specific
vessels. See ALBION, p. 249; COLETTA #1051. Uniformly bound in maroon cloth
over boards with gilt-stamped spines. Tissue-guarded frontispieces. Prior
ownership name neatly penned at top edge of front pastedowns of all volumes.
Some minor scattered foxing, a few minor extremity rubs. The volume of
ships' data with its packet of folded plans has silverfishing to rear
endpaper, lower joint, and to the folds of a couple of the plans. The set
remains bright and tightly bound with no cracked hinges. Excellent overall.
$500.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/7548.jpg

=:::=:::=T E R M S=:::=:::=
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $3.50 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. International shipments or other carriers at cost. Payment accepted
by credit card (V,MC,Amex, Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php