[Rarebooks] fs: Gen. Ridgway's own copy, XVIII Airborne Corps...

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Thu Mar 3 08:09:03 EST 2005

Greetings All,

For your consideration:
~
(No. 6159 )  [Ridgway, Matthew B.] XVIII Corps (Airborne). "MISSION
ACCOMPLISHED": A SUMMARY OF MILITARY OPERATIONS OF THE XVIII CORPS
(AIRBORNE) IN THE EUROPEAN THEATRE OF OPERATIONS 1944-1945 (RIDGWAY'S COPY,
SIGNED BY HIM).
Schwerin: Privately Printed, [ca. 1945]. 3/4 Leather, Quarto, [x], 35 pages,
Black & white photographs, emblems, maps. Very Good.
      A holy grail, of sorts. General Ridgway's own copy of the battle
history of the corps he commanded in World War II. The book bears his simple
ownership signature, "Ridgway," on both the front free endpaper and the
title page and was acquired with several other books which came from the
auction of the Ridgway estate. The XVIII Airborne Corps was comprised of the
famed 82nd and 101st Airborne divisions, and was commanded by Ridgway during
the period covered herein. Chronicles the Corps' role in the Holland
Airborne assault, the Ardennes, the Airborne assault of the Rhine (Wesel
Operation), the Ruhr pocket, and the drive from the Elbe to the Baltic.
Bound in red cloth over beveled boards, black leather spine and corners,
deeply stamped gilt lettering to upper board, endpaper maps. Light extremity
rubs, with a .5" x .75" area of rubbing to leather at bottom edge of rear
board near joint.    $1000.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/6159.jpg

=:::=:::=T E R M S=:::=:::=
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $3.50 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. International shipments or other carriers at cost. Payment accepted
by credit card (V,MC,Amex, Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php