[Rarebooks] fs: Mansions of Virginia

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Thu Mar 3 08:08:34 EST 2005

Greetings All,

For your consideration:
~
(No. 7656 )  Waterman, Thomas Tileston. THE MANSIONS OF VIRGINIA, 1706-1776.
Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, (1946). Second printing,
Full cloth, Quarto, [viii], 456 pages, Black & white photographs, floor
plans. Very good in a very good slipcase.
      Architectural study of the Virginia's grand Georgian houses, with
information on their English and 17th century Virginia antecedents. Well
illustrated with photographs and scaled floor plans. Among the houses
covered in detail here are Sabine Hall, Rosewell, Carter's Grove, Mount
Airy, Kenmore, Gunston Hall, Elsing Green, Stratford, and the Governor's
Palace at Williamsburg. Fully indexed, with bibliography, glossary of
architectural terms and an alphabetical list of the included mansions with
brief information about each. Errata slip tipped in at half title. Bound in
brick-red cloth over boards with gilt-stamped title on slate-blue spine
title block, tan endpapers. Book protected in a Mylar cover. Slight foxing
to textblock edges. Leaf 417/418 has a 3/4" tear at fore edge with some
associated creases. Slipcase has a few edge rubs.    $50.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/7656.jpg

=:::=:::=T E R M S=:::=:::=
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $3.50 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. International shipments or other carriers at cost. Payment accepted
by credit card (V,MC,Amex, Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php