[Rarebooks] FS: Irving Berlin "ALEXANDER'S RAGTIME BAND" Inscribed to creator of "That Darn Cat"

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Thu May 26 08:18:14 EDT 2005

Among the many interesting Spring New Arrivals posted on our web site
http://www.erols.com/agvent

BERLIN,  Irving. SONGS FROM IRVING BERLIN'S  "ALEXANDER'S  RAGTIME
BAND".  n.p.: [20th Century Fox] 1938. First Edition. Small folio  (9"
x  11-3/4")  privately  printed  by Berlin for friends  and  bound  in
imitation  morocco  wraps with gilt lettering on the front cover;  180
pages.  Includes  sheet music for 29 of Berlin's songs, including  the
title  song, "Blue Skies," "What'll I Do?," "Oh! How I Hate to Get  Up
in  the Morning," and "Cheek to Cheek." Illustrated with reproductions
of  the covers of the sheet music for most of the songs and a  picture
of  the cast of the film which featured Alice Faye, Tyrone Power,  Don
Ameche,  Ethel Merman, John Carradine, and others. Berlin won the 1938
Academy  Award  for Best Score of Alexander's Ragtime Band.  INSCRIBED
and  SIGNED  by the composer on a front blank:  "To/Gordon  Gordon/All
good  wishes/Irving  Berlin."  Gordon  was the author  of  many  books
including  UNDERCOVER  CAT  which was created into  the  Disney  movie
"That Darn Cat." Light wear. Still Near Fine.                 $3000.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional:  $7.00 for the first book, $3.50 each thereafter.  Overseas

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent