[Rarebooks] For Sale: Scarce French edition of Cooper

Norman Kane nkane at kanebooks.com
Wed Nov 2 17:04:15 EST 2005

We can supply:

COOPER, JAMES FENIMORE.  LETTRES SUR LES MOEURS ET LES
INSTITUTIONS DES ETATS-UNIS . . .  TRADUITES DE L'ANGLAIS PAR
MLLE. H. PREBLE.   Paris: Kilian, (Imprimerie de Casimir), 1828 .  1st French
edn.  Spiller, p.57.  4 volumes in  2, old rubbed quarter calf, 8vos,
rear joint of
second volume repaired with marbled paper, tear in one leaf without loss. Each
volume has a separate title page and a leaf of errata.  (An uncommon edition
of Cooper's "Notions of the Americans."  OCLC & RLIN report copies at
Harvard, AAS, U. Va., & Johns Hopkins.  There are 3 copies reported
in  Europe, including one at I Tatti. Series title: Oeuvres
Completes  de M. James
Fenimore Cooper, Americain.)   $250.00

THE AMERICANIST (ABAA), 1525 Shenkel Road, Pottstown, Pa, USA,
19465-7221.Telephone: 610 323 5289. email: nkane at kanebooks.com.
Fax (When in the office) 610 323 0885
Proprietor: Norman Kane (50 years as an antiquarian bookseller.)
We accept visa, mastercard, checks (in US funds drawn on a US bank),
cash (by registered mail) and money orders.
Postage is charged at approximate cost. Institutions may be billed. A
courtesy discount is extended to bona fide book dealers.