[Rarebooks] fs: CDV, Mr & Mrs Lincoln, ca. 1863

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Thu Sep 29 14:41:06 EDT 2005

Greetings All,

For your consideration:
~
(No. 7902 )  [Lincoln, Abraham and Mary]. ORIGINAL CARTE-DE-VISITE PORTRAIT
OF ABRAHAM AND MARY LINCOLN.
(S.l.): (s.n.), [1863?]. 2.438" x 3.875",  Very Good.
      This carte-de-visite is a composite portrait of Mr. and Mrs. Lincoln,
and is probably an albumen photograph of an engraving. There are no known
photographs of Abraham and Mary Lincoln together. Mr. Lincoln's pose is from
a photograph by one of Matthew Brady's photographers, Thomas Le Mere, in
1863 (see Ostendorf #69). Mary's pose is also from an 1863 photograph, and
shows her much taller in relation to Mr. Lincoln than she actually was. She
is in the mourning attire she wore after young Willie Lincoln's death. The
simple caption "Mr & Mrs Lincoln" is printed in the margin under the image.
There is some mild foxing to the card, a few slight creases across the
image, and a few faint scuffs near the top edge of the image. Back of card
has some browning, a couple of old pricing notations in light ink, and with
what looks like the word "crystoleum" in pencil. A nice copy of a rather
uncommon CDV.    $125.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/7902.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $3.50 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. International shipments or other carriers at cost. Payment accepted
by credit card (V,MC,Amex, Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php