[Rarebooks] fs: Lincoln in Photographs

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Thu Sep 29 14:37:33 EDT 2005

Greetings All,

For your consideration:
~
(No. 7901 )  Hamilton, Charles and Lloyd Ostendorf. LINCOLN IN PHOTOGRAPHS:
AN ALBUM OF EVERY KNOWN POSE.
Norman, OK: University of Oklahoma Press, (1963). First printing, Full
cloth, Quarto, x, 409 pages, Black & White photographs. Near Fine, No dust
jacket.
      Contains every known photograph of Lincoln at the time of publication,
some of which appeared herein for the first time. Several are reproduced for
the first time from their original glass collodion plates, unretouched and
uncropped. This volume represents a valuable update to the pioneering works
of Meserve, adding several images and correcting information about others.
It also stays much closer to photography than did Lorant's pictorial
biography of Lincoln. In short, it presents Lincoln as the camera saw him,
and carefully catalogues and describes each image in context. Bound in
coarse tan cloth over boards with gilt title and rule on a dark brown oval
title block on spine, brown topstain. There are a few light rubs at
extremities, prior owner name is penned at top edge of front pastedown in
1/2" high letters. Clean and sound.    $225.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/7901.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $3.50 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. International shipments or other carriers at cost. Payment accepted
by credit card (V,MC,Amex, Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php