[Rarebooks] Knickerbocker's History of New York by Washington Irving, 2 volumes

HoltkampBk at aol.com HoltkampBk at aol.com
Wed Apr 12 14:02:11 EDT 2006

Irving, Washington.  Knickerbocker's History of New York.  With
Illustrations by Edward W. Kemble.  NY:  G. P. Putnam's Sons,  1894.  Two volumes.  8vo,
pp. (vi-xvii) 364, (vi-xv) 379.   Full-bound decorative gold-stamped  beige &
blue boards/spine, decorative red & white endpapers, raised  headbands, teg,
partially uncut.  Frontis with tissue guards.   Front hinges starting, else
tight, intact.  Text-block clean.  Owner  bookplate front pastedowns.  Covers
partially foxed, edge fading.   Vol. II top-edge smudged.  Very good+ condition.
$50.00

Holtkamp  Books
103 East 10th Street
Fulton, Missouri 65251-1980
Phone/Fax:  573-642-7917
Cell Phone: 651-983-7917
HoltkampBk at aol.com

"Let my  temptation be a book,
Which I shall purchase, hold, and keep." - Eugene  Field

We carry a diverse stock of fine books. All books are subject to  prior sale.
We accept PayPal and US checks or money orders drawn on US banks.
Institutions may be billed. Missouri residents add 7.225% tax. Books may be  reserved
pending payment. Books may be returned within 7 days of receipt,  provided they
are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given.  Domestic
(priority or media) and Overseas postage billed at actual cost + $1.00  S&H.