[Rarebooks] fs: Kantor. God and My Country, 1st, DJ

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Fri Apr 14 11:00:26 EDT 2006

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
Kantor, MacKinlay. "God and My Country."
Cleveland: The World Publishing Company, (1954); First printing. Octavo,
full cloth, 128 pages. Illustrated by John O'Hara Cosgrave II. Fine in a
near fine jacket.
    Charming story of a jazz musician turned Boy Scout leader in a small
Midwestern town. The basis of the Disney film "Follow Me Boys," starring
Fred MacMurray, Vera Miles, and a youthful Kurt Russell (the first of 10
Disney films Russell would do in as many years). Wonderful jacket art and
decorations within the text by Cosgrave. Bound in dark blue cloth over
boards with gilt-stamped upper board titles and buccolic scene, spine
stamped in black and gilt, yellow topstain. Some minor browning along
gutters of endpapers, tiny rubs at extremities. Jacket has a closed 1/2"
tear along upper joint fold at heel of spine which turns and extends across
spine for another 1/4" or so. There is an 1/8" chip to jacket at head of
spine, and a few rubs along joint folds and to extremities. Touch of
browning along jacket spine. A bright and lovely copy overall in unclipped
jacket. $75.
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/8725.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $4.00 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php