[Rarebooks] fs: The Potomac and the Rapidan, 1864

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Sun Apr 30 11:48:46 EDT 2006

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 8727 )  Quint, Alonzo H[all]. (1828-1896). THE POTOMAC AND THE RAPIDAN.
ARMY NOTES, FROM THE FAILURE AT WINCHESTER TO THE REËNFORCEMENT OF
ROSECRANS. 1861-3.
Boston: Crosby and Nichols, 1864. First printing, Full cloth, Duodecimo, 407
pages, Fold-out map. Near Fine.
      Quint was the chaplain of the 2nd Massachusetts Infantry. His takes
the occasion of his account of the early Civil War to make a strong
indictment of slavery and the Confederacy. DORBUSCH Vol. I, #M108; NEVINS et
al, p. 149; SABIN $67314; COULTER #385. Bound in original brown cloth over
boards with gilt-stamped spine, blind-stamped borders on both boards,
mustard-colored endpapers. The fold-out colored map has a 1/4" tear at top
edge. Prior owner bookplate and small pencil notation on front pastedown.
Shallow fraying along head of spine, small chip at heel, touch of fading to
spine. Browning to top edge of textblock. Hinges not cracked.    $125.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/8727.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $4.00 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php