[Rarebooks] FS - (Collection) Rasputin, Russia and the Romanovs

GREENFIELD BOOKS mail at greenfieldbooks.com
Thu Aug 10 20:58:02 EDT 2006

We recently purchased a collection of 149 books dealing exclusively with
that period in Russian history commencing with the reign of the last
Tzar, Nicholas II, and the aftermath of his assassination, and the
Russian Revolution. Many of the titles are scarce, or elusive, memoirs
of members of the deposed Russian royalty, or members of the diplomatic
core who served at the Russian Court prior to its downfall. A complete
list of authors, titles, and basic publishing information, in this lot,
is available at http://www.greenfieldbooks.com/Rasputin.htm

All titles, except where indicated to the contrary, are hard cover first
editions. Each title shows wear and some soiling, but is generally free
from markings (save a former owner's name) and is in good, or better,
condition (again, unless indicated to the contrary). Where a dust jacket
is present with the book, that fact is noted.

As you will see, if you view the list we have posted, we have appraised
these books individually, according to what the lowest-priced comparable
copy (if one is shown) is currently being offered for sale on the
internet. /These are not the prices at which we would offer these books
for sale/. It is only a rough guide as to value. If we were to
individually catalogue, and offer for sale these books, our prices would
generally be about 20% to 75% higher than the prices shown below. It
follows that we will not entertain the sale of individual titles at the
prices shown in this list.

The total value of these 149 books, as we have listed them, is $4,565.50
USD. We estimate that our retail value would exceed $6,000.
Notwithstanding, we will sell this entire collection - in one lot - for
$2,000 USD, /inclusive/ of packing (six big boxes), and postage costs
(sent anywhere in North America).

This is an excellent opportunity to acquire a specialized inventory at a
fraction of the time, cost, and effort which would be required to
assemble it piecemeal.

Payment may be made by check, or credit card.

Greenfield Books Ltd.
Member: ABAC/ILAB
217 Academy Road,
Winnipeg, MB R3M 0E3 Canada
Toll-free: 866-263-BOOK (2665)
Telephone: 204-488-2023
Web site: http://www.greenfieldbooks.com
*Secure credit card payment service available*