[Rarebooks] FS: Peter Lindbergh 'Images of Women' Inscribed to Leading Fashion Figure

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Wed Aug 16 17:38:08 EDT 2006

Lindbergh, Peter.  PETER LINDBERGH. IMAGES OF WOMEN.  Munich;
Schirmer/Mosel: 1997.  A huge book, the first comprehensive retrospective
of Lindbergh’s work of the prior decade. Lindbergh, one of the leading
international fashion photographers of our time, is known as “the man who
adores women” for his perceptive and sympathetic photographic style.

This copy is inscribed by Lindbergh to socialite and high-power
fashionista Veronica Hearst, widow of publishing tycoon Randolph Hearst,
and stepmother of Patty Hearst. An iconic figure in the world of couture,
Veronica Hearst is, according to an article in the July, 2006 issue of
Harper's Bazaar "Known for her remarkable collection of haute
couture...She sends many of her most impressive designs to the Costume
Institute at the Metropolitan Museum. 'She understands that couture is an
art,' says Harold Koda, head of the institute...'Everybody has art, in
some form, within themselves, whether it is writing, poetry, photography,
dance, or painting,' Hearst explains. 'I really feel that a healthy art
life is the foundation of a healthy democracy'."

Dramatically inscribed on the flyleaf- “Dear Veronica- I hope you’ll like
it- Please call when in Paris- with love Pete –Paris Nov. 97”.

Hardcover. 11”x14”, 310 pages, 189 b/w illustrations, dj. Light wear.
[09378]  $500.00

- - - - - -

--> Subscribe to our free email News List and get
special discounts and offers on selected books!

--> See our new "Just Catalogued" pages
for June
<http://www.joslinhall.com/catalog_275.htm>

--> Stay up to date daily with our
Bookselling blog
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

--> Our full-service website features
86 separate subject categories, and has
full search capabilities.

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for
the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the
U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within
ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.