[Rarebooks] fs: 1943 - WWII Ship Recognition, O.N.I. 208

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Wed Aug 23 11:19:40 EDT 2006

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 9046 )  [Navy Department, Office of Naval Intelligence]. RESTRICTED -
MERCHANT SHIP RECOGNITION MANUAL, DIVISION OF NAVAL INTELLIGENCE OP.
16-F-20, O. N. I. 208 [COVER TITLE].
Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, (1942). Stiff card
covers, Oblong Quarto, [iv], 1-49, 50-89 pages, Drawings. Near fine.
      This is an original World War II copy of O.N.I. 208, containing over
2,000 merchant ships illustrated by 750 precise type profiles. There is an
illustrated index with explanatory section, along with a section describing
enemy vessels not illustrated herein but deemed worthy of special attention.
The manual was issued April 21, 1942. Pages 1-49 are numbered on rectos
only, with forms for recording ship sightings on versos. Acco-bound in stiff
brown card covers reinforced at left margins with dark green cloth. A few
minor cover creases.    $150.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/9046.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $4.00 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php