[Rarebooks] FS: George Bernard Shaw in THE SHANACHIE. An Illustrated Irish Miscellany. Volume I, Number I. 1906

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Mon Feb 6 14:53:30 EST 2006

One of many unusual and often significant George Bernard Shaw items available
right now on  our web site: http://www.erols.com/agvent

SHAW,  George Bernard. "The Miraculous Revenge" in THE  SHANACHIE.
   [Dublin]:
[Spring  1906].  First  Edition. Original dark blue  decorated  wraps.
Laurence  C94.  First  printed in a periodical in 1885 and  not  again
until  as  a Girard Little Blue Book in 1921. Collected for the  first
time  in  book form in Shaw's 1932 Collected Works. This issue of  the
periodical  also contains two poems by W. B. Yeats as well as literary
and  artistic  contributions  by Lord Dunsany, Lady  Gregory,  Padraic
Colum,  Jack  Yeats, and others. Shaw's story was later retitled  "The
Grave  of  Brimstone  Billy" and published in ELLERY  QUEEN'S  MYSTERY
MAGAZINE  (October  1951).  Minor edgewear; light  chipping  to  spine
tips.  Near Fine                                               $150.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional:  $8.00 for the first book, $4.00 each thereafter.  Overseas

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent