[Rarebooks] fs: Mundorff, In an Old Hawaiian Garden

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Thu Feb 16 14:15:26 EST 2006

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 6405 )  Mundorff, T[heodore]. J.; verses by Raymond A. Stewart, Jr. IN
AN OLD HAWAIIAN GARDEN: AN ALBUM OF HAWAII'S FLOWERS.
(Long Beach, CA): (R. Allen Watkins), (1943). First Edition, Wrappers,
Quarto, [19 pages], Color plates tipped in. Near fine.
      Uncommon first printing of this lovely Hawaiian botanical classic.
Comprised of 8 colorful, air-brushed plates by Mundorff depicting various
Hawaiian tropical flowers tipped onto rectos of double leaved pages with the
name of each flower and a descriptive verse by Raymond Stewart printed on
each facing page. Top edges unopened and bottom edges untrimmed. Covers are
attached over the saddle-stapled textblock with a single gold braided cord.
Patterned tissue leaves bound in between covers and first and last leaves.
Minor cover wear, including a few creases and a 1/4" tear at top edge of
front cover. Binding cord is somewhat faded and a bit frayed at ends. Lovely
copy overall.    $125.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/6405.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $4.00 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php