[Rarebooks] fs: Thoreau's Cape Cod, the color-illustrated 1896 set

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Fri Mar 24 11:00:06 EST 2006

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 8685 )  Thoreau, Henry David (1817-1862). CAPE COD (IN 2 VOLUMES).
Boston: Houghton, Mifflin and Company, 1896. Original cloth, Duodecimos,
viii, 173 & vi, 208 pages, Colored sketches by Amelia M. Watson. Very good.
      Thoreau's often witty account of his adventures among the independent
and self-reliant folk of what was then a fairly isolated part of
Massachusetts. This is a particularly lovely edition of the work because of
the color illustrations by Amelia Watson blended into the text. The style of
illustration is modelled after the marginal sketches which Ms. Watson made
in her own copy of this book as she read it. Bound in tan cloth over boards
with gilt-stamped spines and upper boards, top edges gilt, blind-stamped
lower boards. There is mild browning to spines, minor extremity wear, light
scattered foxing inside. Hinges are sound.    $100.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/8685.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $4.00 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php