[Rarebooks] fs: Lincoln Memorial, architectural study

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Fri Mar 24 10:56:46 EST 2006

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 3105 )  Concklin, Edward F. (Prepared under the direction of the
Director of Public Buildings and Public Parks of the National Capital). THE
LINCOLN MEMORIAL, WASHINGTON.
Washington: United States Government Printing Office, 1927. First printing,
Full cloth, Quarto, viii, 94 pages, Black & White photographs,
illustrations. Near Fine.
      Well illustrated history of the design and construction of the Lincoln
Memorial in Washington, D.C. The text includes Helen Nicolay's narrative of
Lincoln's life accompanied by several historic photographs and
illustrations, program of the dedication, and contributions by several
experts on various aspects of the project. Henry Bacon, the architect who
designed the memorial, provides a detailed commentary on its architecture.
There are numerous photographs of various stages of construction. A valuable
reference. MONAGHAN #2914. Bound in black cloth over boards with gilt border
rules on both boards and spine, upper border titled in gilt. Some minor
extremity wear, a few slight surface abrasions to cloth. Interior bright and
solid, hinges sound. Nice copy.    $100.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/3105.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $4.00 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php