[Rarebooks] For Sale: Fearing's "Dead Reckoning," inscribed

Norman Kane nkane at kanebooks.com
Fri May 12 16:57:37 EDT 2006

FEARING, KENNETH.   DEAD RECKONING. A BOOK OF POETRY.    N. Y.:
Random House, (1938).   First printing.  Original cloth, end papers
with paste bleed-through, a very good copy in a worn but largely
complete dust wrapper.
WITH A SIGNED INSCRIPTION: "To --?--, We're still on our way  -  when
?  Kenneth Fearing."   Nelson Algren's perceptive if somewhat
politically oriented review (in the "Sunday Worker")  laid
in.     Signed copies are quite scarce.
(Poetry  unlike anything being written today: Dos Passos out of
Whitman and tinctured with despair, rage, irony, sarcasm, capital
letters,  melancholy, prophecy and politics:  really quite wonderful
in a way.)     $350.00

THE AMERICANIST (ABAA)
1525 Shenkel Road, Pottstown, Pa, USA, 19465-7221.
Telephone: 610 323 5289  or 919 967 9287
Email: nkane at kanebooks.com
Proprietor: Norman Kane (50 years as an antiquarian bookseller.)
Trade Discount 10 %