[Rarebooks] fs: Knox. Camp-Fire and Cotton-Field, 1865, 1st

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Wed May 17 10:17:06 EDT 2006

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 8784 )  Knox, Thomas W[allace]. (1835-1896). CAMP-FIRE AND
COTTON-FIELD: SOUTHERN ADVENTURE IN TIME OF WAR. LIFE WITH THE UNION ARMIES,
AND RESIDENCE ON A LOUISIANA PLANTATION.
New York: Blelock and Company, 1865. First Edition, Leather, Octavo, 524
pages, Engraved plates. Near fine.
      Knox was a correspondent for the New York Herald, and was in the Rocky
Mountain Gold Region as the war broke out. He recorded his impressions as he
traveled east through Missouri, Arkansas, and Tennessee, and gives a
fascinating account of the political situation--particularly in Missouri--in
this early stage of the conflict. Contains good information on army
movements and management of confiscated southern plantations along the
Mississippi. DORNBUSCH, vol. II, #2187; EICHER #635; NEVINS ET AL, CWB, vol.
I, p. 119; UNION BOOKSHELF #49. Bound in leather over boards with gilt on
black spine label. The book has been repaired, with new leather spine and
joints, original leather spine and label laid back down, new endpapers. Rubs
to extremities.    $300.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/8784.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $4.00 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php