[Rarebooks] fs: The Ancient City

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Sat May 20 09:36:12 EDT 2006

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 2186 )  Riley, Elihu S. THE ANCIENT CITY: A HISTORY OF ANNAPOLIS, IN
MARYLAND 1649-1887.
Annapolis: Record Printing Office, 1887. First printing, Full cloth,
Duodecimo, 395 pages. Good.
      The classic popular history of Annapolis which was subscribed by the
State of Maryland in 1886. Contains much interesting and valuable
information extracted from the Maryland Gazette, but also much history that
had previously not been published. A veritable gold mine of Annapolis lore.
Fully indexed, errata sheet bound in at rear. This copy belonged to noted
19th century British mathematician and pottery collector, James Whitbread
Lee Glaisher, and bears his bookplate on front pastedown and a gift
inscription to him from "W. W. J., Xmas 1887" on front free endpaper. Bound
in black cloth over boards with gilt-stamped spine lettering and
blind-stamped border rules on both boards. Cloth is rubbed through at corner
tips, shallow chipping across heel of spine, head of spine has 1/4" chips at
joints, and cloth is beginning to split along top 1" of joints. Hinges not
cracked, interior very good.    $75.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/2186.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $4.00 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php