[Rarebooks] FA: Whole lotta 19th Century Americana going on...

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Fri Nov 10 16:09:32 EST 2006

We have some interesting 19th century AMERICANA up on Ebay at the moment,
all without reserve-
<http://tinyurl.com/u69x3>

Ending Sunday Night-

Acts Passed at the 1st (2nd and 3rd) Session of the 5th Congress of the
United States of America. Philadelphia: 1797. Includes The last section
consists of the text of “The Constitution of the United States of America;
as proposed by the convention, held at Philadelphia, September 17, 1787”,
as well as twelve proposed amendments, ten of which would become ratified
as the Bill of Rights.

<http://tinyurl.com/yjul36>
-----------------------------

Also ending Sunday night, an interesting 1831 woodcut of a SHAKER meeting
with everybody shaking their booty, including an AFRICAN-AMERICAN Shaker,
and an interesting 1831 view of the spa at Saratoga Springs. Also an 1809
History of New England.

-----------------------------

Just listed- books on the Gold Rush, an 1866 book on exploration in the
Rocky Mountains, study of North Carolina politics before the Civil War,
Shakespeare-Bacon controversy, 19th century American Tract Society, and a
lot more, and no reserves on anything, because we just got sick and tired
of 'em-  <http://tinyurl.com/u69x3>

-----------------------------

--> Subscribe to our free email News List and get
special discounts and offers on selected books!

--> See our new "SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER" catalog
<http://www.joslinhall.com/catalog_284.htm>

--> See our new "GRAVE AFFAIR" catalog
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_288.htm>

--> Stay up to date daily with our
Bookselling blog
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

--> Our full-service website features
86 separate subject categories, and has
full search capabilities.

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for
the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the
U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within
ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.