[Rarebooks] Lindsay's "The Congo."

Edward Ripley-Duggan erd at wilsey.net
Fri Oct 13 15:18:06 EDT 2006

We offer the following (out of our field):

Lindsay, Vachel. The Congo and Other Poems. The MacMillan Company,
New York, 1914. First edition, first issue, printing date noted as
September 14, 1914. A publisher's presentation copy, with MacMillan's
circular perforated stamp "With the compliments of the MacMillan
Company" on the title leaf. Original ochre decorative cloth, 19.5 cm,
title in gilt with a decorative motif in red and grey, an attractive
trade binding. Spine gilt slightly dulled, with nominal wear to ends
of spine, in all a very bright, fresh copy. An image may be viewed at

http://tinyurl.com/ygmpck

First edition of a fairly important collection, uncommon enough in
attractive condition.

$150 (less discount)

Edward Ripley-Duggan
Wilsey Rare Books ABAA

845 657 7057

                           Reply to: erd at wilsey.net
                        WILSEY RARE BOOKS, MEMBER ABAA
                             http://www.wilsey.net
                  Phone: (845) 657-7057      Fax: (845) 657-2366