[Rarebooks] For Sale: Parras, Gobierno de los Regulares de la America, Tomo I, Madrid, 1783

Norman Kane nkane at kanebooks.com
Tue Oct 17 21:29:12 EDT 2006

PARRAS, PEDRO JOSEPH, (Padre de la Provincia del Paraguay.)  GOBIERNO
DE LOS REGULARES DE LA AMERICA . . .   Madrid: Ibarra, 1783.  First
edition.  Vol. I only (of 2.)  Octavo, old full vellum, approx. 8-1/2
X 6 inches, title inked on spine, ties gone.  [4], XLIV, 217
pages.  "Dc San Fran," written on half title.  A very good, clean
copy. (Parras went to Buenos Aires in 1749, later was made Guardian
Definidos & Padre of Paraguay. He accompanied Cevallos on his
expedition to the coast of Brazil & the Rio de la Plata.  The book
consists of laws, regulations, duties of officeholders, decrees, &c,
under various headings.)    $300.00   (Trade Disc. 10%)

THE AMERICANIST (ABAA),
113 Creeks Edge, Chapel Hill, NC USA 27516-8962
Telephone: 919-967-9287 email: nkane at kanebooks.com.
Proprietor: Norman Kane (50 years as an antiquarian bookseller.)