[Rarebooks] History of The English Church 8 Volumes

bookmaven bookmaven at comcast.net
Fri Oct 27 12:21:08 EDT 2006

For your consideration:
 History of the English Church, 8 Volumes, Cornish, F. Warre; Hunt, William;
Stephens, W.R.W.; Capes, W.W.; Gairdner, James; Hutton, W.H.; Overton, John
H. And Relton, Frederick, London, 1901, Macmillan and Co. Limited:
A scholarly in depth History of the English Church reflecting the profound
influence on the History of the English people. 1. From its Foundation to
the Norman Conquest (597-1066) (erratum page 300) beginning with Gregory the
Great); 2. The Norman Conquest to the Accession of Edward  I, (1066-1272),
fine fold-out map of England & Wales Dioceses & Principal Monastic Houses;
3. In the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Century, beginning with the Primacy of
Peckham, covering the Black Death, Wycliffe, etc.; Appendix II List of Kings
of England, Archbishops of Canterbury, Archbishops of York, and Popes; 4. In
the Sixteenth Century from Henry VIII to Mary; beginning with the Church
under Henry VII, alliance of the Holy League, including the Case of Richard
Hunne, (Map of England under Henry VIII showing Dioceses, old and new, and
houses of Religion), etc.; 5. Accession of Charles I. to The Death of Anne
(1625-1714), fold out map of England in Dioceses during  the 17th Century
(controversy with Rome, the Rise of Laud, Puritan and Romanist, Church and
the Clergy before the Civil War, Civil War years, Reign of Queen Anne, final
chapter Church in Wales; 6. Accession of George I to The End of XVIII
Century 1714-1800, beginning with the Bangorian  Controversy, answer to
Deism, Jabobites, early phases of the Wesleyan movement, etc. 7. & 8.
Volumes I & II, cover The English Church in the Nineteenth Century. Maroon
cloth boards and spine, gilt to spine. All volumes very clean, TEG, maps
near fine, tightly bound. Mild rubbing of extremities, and bumping of spine
ends. Two volumes have slight fraying at spine end. Volumes dated from 1901
to 1910, sm 8 vo. All maps present, bright color, clean and intact.
$125.00

Later today I am offer a lot of Plays by G.B. Shaw, not rare, early 1900's,
priced well.

Thank you,
Michelle Levick
Bookmaven, Inc.
http://www.bookmaven.net
Seller & Buyers of Antiquarian, Out-of-Print Literature
Accepting: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover,
Paypal, Money Orders
Discounts on Multiple purchases.
Ventnor NJ 08406
(609) 822-4993