[Rarebooks] Madeline Gleason's outsider art, privatized.

Serendipity Books pbhoward at serendipitybooks.com
Sat Jan 27 16:35:02 EST 2007

Madeline Gleason (b. Fargo, ND, 1903) moved to San Francisco with
flaming red hair; was party to the SF Renaissance, a close
acquaintance of Ruth Weiss, with whom she read poetry at Wild Side
West, a North Beach lesbian bar, and a friend to Robert Duncan with
whom she studied and read in public.  Her COLLECTED POEMS was
published in 1999. A half dozen collections of verse had preceded,
beginning with POEMS from the Grabhorn Press (1944). She died "of
despair, what all poets die of" in 1973, remembers her long time
partner, Mary Greer, from whom we have 86 oil paintings by
Madeline.  Each is pictured on the Serendipity site via the "What's
New" page, for sale as a collection or individually.

Inquiries welcome.

Terms:

1) Any book may be returned for any reason.
2) We welcome Mastercard, Visa, Amex, Personal Checks, Payment by Wire.
3) We do not charge postage.
4) Institutions may be invoiced to suit their requirements.
5) California Sales Tax charged to California addresses.

Peter B. Howard
Serendipity Books
1201 University Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94702