[Rarebooks] FS: History of the Sabbath

Kaaterskill Books books at kaaterskillbooks.com
Tue Jul 24 14:37:26 EDT 2007

We offer for Sale:

Sabbath Tract Society. THE SABBATH DAY: REMEMBER TO KEEP IT HOLY.
SABBATH TRACTS. VOL. I. NO. 4. THE SABBATH AND LORD'S DAY: A HISTORY
OF THEIR OBSERVANCE IN THE CHRISTIAN  CHURCH.  New York: Sabbath
Tract Society, 1844. 48 pp. 16mo. Stitched printed paper wrappers.
First edition.

Examines the Sabbath observance from the Apostolic Church through the
Reformation and the Pilgrims with some short discussion of its
separation from the Judaic tradition. The Sabbath Tract Society,
later the American Sabbath Tract Society, published 4 issues between
1842 and 1844. By 1853, the number had increased to 17, all of which
can be found in a compilation, "Tracts on the Sabbath." Early issues
of the first numbers are quite scarce. We could only find two single
issues, including a copy of this Vol. 1. No. 4 at the Ctr. for Adv.
Judaic  Studies (Univ. of Penn). Front wrapper worn at corners, some
soiling, rear wrapper with a small chip near top edge, leaves lightly
browned at the edges otherwise clean and very good.    [28342] $250.00

Regards,

Charles Kutcher
Kaaterskill Books
P.O. Box 122
East Jewett, NY 12424.
Phone: 518-589-0555.
Email: books at kaaterskillbooks.com
Member of I. O. B. A.

TERMS:

Call or email us to reserve a book. We accept checks, money orders,
American Express, Mastercard, and Visa. Foreign orders should be in
U.S. funds on a U.S. bank. New York residents please add appropriate
sales tax or forward a tax id number. Libraries and Institutions can
be billed. Trade allowance. Postage for Domestic orders is $4.00 for
the first book and $1.50 for each additional volume. Books are
normally shipped Media Mail. For international orders, postage is
calculated individually. All books may be returned in original
condition for any reason within two weeks with prior notification.