[Rarebooks] FS: Final Setting Typescript of Thornton Wilder's THE MERCHANT OF YONKERS

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Fri Jun 29 11:43:18 EDT 2007

 From our inventory, and representative of what we will soon be posting
in our new catalogue on our website containing TWENTIETH CENTURY
LITERARY MANUSCRIPTS, LETTERS, & PHOTOGRAPHS.   Most will be American
authors, and there will be some exceptional individual pieces and
archives.  Among the authors represented will be Norman Mailer, W. H.
Auden, Sherwood Anderson, John O'Hara, John Dos Passos, Margaret
Mitchell, Robert Lowell, Maxwell Perkins, William Carlos Williams, Zane
Grey, Iris Murdoch, and many others.  We will be posting Nineteenth
Century items at a much later date.

WILDER, Thornton THE MERCHANT OF YONKERS: FINAL SETTING TYPESCRIPT WITH
CORRECTIONS IN WILDER'S HAND: TWO COPIES
TWO carbon sets of the complete typescript of Wilder's play later
revised by Wilder into a Broadway hit THE MATCHMAKER, which in turn was
transformed into the monster musical HELLO, DOLLY!. Each of the sets
contains nearly identical corrections in ink by Wilder, approximately
forty or so, ranging from filling in a lightly inked letter to adding a
line of stage direction. In addition there are several other pencil
corrections throughout each apparently in a different hand. Near Fine or
better and highly uncommon.                $5000.00
--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $9.00 for the first book, $5.00 each
thereafter.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania
residents must add 6% sales tax.  Mastercard, Visa, American Express and
Discover accepted.  Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for
any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior
notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value.  We carry a
diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century
Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and Limited Editions Club
books.  We are celebrating our 20th year of business and are proud to be
members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and
the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) as well as
the Manuscript Society and the Universal Autograph Collectors Club
(UACC).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.
Thank you.

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com