[Rarebooks] FS: Public Papers & Addresses of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Deluxe Edition of 500 copies, SIGNED

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Thu Mar 1 10:23:31 EST 2007

 From our recent Internet Catalogue posted on our website:
http://www.erols.com/agvent
It contains 39 Signed Presidential Books and Pamphlets including items
by John Quincy Adams, James Buchanan, Grover Cleveland, Teddy Roosevelt,
and more.

Visit us this weekend in Booth 57 (the comfortable, private room in the
corner) at the Washington Antiquarian Book Fair at the Holiday Inn
Rosslyn at Key Bridge, 1900 North Fort Myer Drive in Arlington, VA;
Friday 4:00 pm to 9:30 pm; Saturday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.

ROOSEVELT,  Franklin Delano. THE PUBLIC PAPERS AND  ADDRESSES  OF
FRANKLIN  D.  ROOSEVELT. New York: Random House 1938.  First  Edition.
The  Deluxe  Edition, limited to 500 unnumbered copies, of  the  first
five  volumes  of what would eventually become a thirteen-volume  set,
these  volumes covering his governership of New York and his first  of
an  unprecedented four terms as President. With a special introduction
and    explanatory  notes  by  President   Roosevelt.  Bound  in   the
publisher's  deluxe  binding of full gray morocco  with  gilt-lettered
spines  and  with the gilt-stamped facsimile signature of FDR  on  the
front  covers.  Illustrated  with frontispiece photographs.  This  set
attractively  SIGNED  by  the  President in the first  volume  at  the
center  of the page on the front free endpaper. Corners worn with some
scratches  and slight loss of leather, mostly on spine edges. Hinges a
bit  tender  on  a couple of volumes but still tight.  Very  Good  and
quite scarce.                                                 $7500.00
--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $25.00.  Overseas postage billed at

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent