[Rarebooks] FS: Two Autograph Letters from Zane Grey to his son Romer

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Sat Nov 10 11:19:49 EST 2007

 From our latest Internet Catalogue which contains a truly amazing array
of TWENTIETH CENTURY LITERARY MANUSCRIPTS, LETTERS, AND PHOTOGRAPHS, a
total of 90 items, many quite scarce and remarkable as well as revealing
of the creative process and personal lives of the subjects.  It includes
a number of archives, some rather substantial, including Sherwood
Anderson, W. H. Auden, Robert Lowell, Norman Mailer, John Masefield,
John O'Hara, Clifford Odets, Maxwell Perkins, E. H. Shepard, and Philip
Whalen, among others.  Our Boston Book Fair Catalogue will be posted
next week and includes fine Signed Presidential and Literary items,
Early Printed Books, Illustrated Books and Fine Bindings, and our usual
selection of the unusual.

1. GREY, Zane. AUTOGRAPH LETTER SIGNED (ALS) to his son. Roseburg, OR:
25  June  1935.  A fine two-page AUTOGRAPH LETTER SIGNED as  "Dad"  to
his  son Romer on colorful Zane Grey Camp stationery with envelope. In
part:  "I've  been gone 10 days, and have received only one wire  from
home.  No  letters! Pyramid Lake was the bunk. It's all right for  big
shots  who are dumb, but not for me. There were some peachy  divorcees
there....  We trolled for hours - for nothing.... You should always be
sure  of  your ground before you steer anyone up against  anything....
We  are  here in camp, and it's lovely.... No fish yet. The  river  is
about  18  inches  high, and sure is hell. There are a  few  steelhead
coming  up, so we hear. But I haven't seen any.... By July 15  fishing
should  be good." Folds from mailing, still about Fine, with envelope.
                                                               $1000.00

2.  GREY, Zane. AUTOGRAPH LETTER SIGNED (ALS) to his son. Liverpool: A
one-page  AUTOGRAPH  LETTER SIGNED as "Dad" to his son Romer on  Hotel
Mersey  letterhead,  written  in dark pencil. A  full-page  letter  of
instructions  on how to arrange his travel plans apparently to connect
with his father. Folds from mailing, still about Fine.         $250.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $9.00 for the first book, $5.00 each
thereafter.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania
residents must add 6% sales tax.  Mastercard, Visa, American Express and
Discover accepted.  Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for
any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior
notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value.  We carry a
diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century
Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and Limited Editions Club
books.  We are celebrating our 20th year of business and are proud to be
members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and
the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) as well as
the Manuscript Society and the Universal Autograph Collectors Club
(UACC).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.
Thank you.

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com