[Rarebooks] FS: Army and Navy Journal 1863-65

Kaaterskill Books books at kaaterskillbooks.com
Wed Nov 28 11:44:23 EST 2007

We offer for Sale:

Army and Navy Journal. THE UNITED STATES ARMY AND NAVY JOURNAL, AND
GAZETTE OF THE
REGULAR AND VOLUNTEER FORCES. VOLUME I: 1863-64 AND VOLUME II: 1864-65 [TWO
VOLUMES]. New York: Publication Office, No. 39 Park Row, [Army and
Navy Journal],  1863-1865. [2], 860 + 4  pp; [2], 828+ 32 pp. Folio.
Three quarter calf over marbled boards, red morocco spine labels
(hardback).  First edition. Also includes the first issue of Volume
III.

A complete run from August 29 1863 (Vol.  I, no. 1) to September 2,
1865  (Vol. III, No. 1) with index and three supplements: Report of
Major  General George McClellan upon the organization of the Army of
the Potomac and its campaigns in Virginia and Maryland July 26, 1861
to November 7, 1862 (complete in two supplements); and Report of
Major General Thomas, September 7, 1864- July 1865.

The Army and Navy Journal was the most important military journal of
its day, covering not only Civil War battles, but foreign news,
reprints of war coverage from Confederate Newspapers, social issues,
and other public events  including in these issues the taking of
Atlanta, the assassination of Lincoln, and the trial of his
assassins. Spines worn, chipped, and brittle, front boards detached
on both volumes, rear on volume I, front endpaper and first blank
detached on volume I, re-glued on volume 2, binding still tight,
contents clean with very little foxing, both volumes from the Civil
War Library of the Illinois Commandery, MOLLUS, darkened accession
label on spine, bookplate on front paste down; solid copies. ABPC
shows only two at auction in the last quarter century.    [31369]
$950.00

Regards,

Charles Kutcher
Kaaterskill Books
P. O. Box 122
East Jewett, NY 12424
email: books at kaaterskillbooks.com
phone: 518-589-0555
www.kaaterskillbooks.com
Members ABAA/ILAB/IOBA

TERMS:

Call or email us to reserve a book. We accept checks, money orders,
American Express, Mastercard, and Visa. Foreign orders should be in
U.S. funds on a U.S. bank. New York residents please add appropriate
sales tax or forward a tax id number. Libraries and Institutions can
be billed. Trade allowance. Postage for Domestic orders is $4.00 for
the first book and $1.50 for each additional volume. Books are
normally shipped Media Mail. For international orders, postage is
calculated individually. All books may be returned in original
condition for any reason within two weeks with prior notification.