[Rarebooks] FS: Octavio Paz: THREE POEMS, with 27 original lithographs by ROBERT MOTHERWELL, Signed by author & artist

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Fri Sep 21 10:13:39 EDT 2007

PAZ, Octavio (MOTHERWELL, Robert).  THREE POEMS.  New York:  Limited
Editions  Club  1988.  Folio.  Bound in full Irish  linen.  Illustrated
with  27  original  lithographs by Robert Motherwell ranging  in  size
from  8" square to 14" x 10" and with an original lithograph  recessed
into  the front cover.  The lithographs were pulled at Trestle Editions
of  New York on handmade Japanese paper of various contrasting colors,
and  hand-mounted upon the same Magnani Italian mould-made paper  used
for  the text.  One of 750 numbered copies of this massive book  SIGNED
by  the  artist  and  by the Nobel Laureate.  One  of  the  poems  is a
tribute  by  Paz  to  Motherwell.  Fine copy  in  Near  Fine  original
clamshell box with light wear.                                $4000.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $25.00.  Overseas postage billed at

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent