[Rarebooks] For Sale: Vienna 1868 work on the Hebrew Language, with photo

Norman Kane nkane at kanebooks.com
Sat Aug 2 11:41:59 EDT 2008

BARACH, ELIAS.   Sefer ma`arikh ha-ma`arakhot. . .  [Books of Naarils Hammaarebath, a Collection of all the Roots of the Hebrew Language Which Occur in the Holy Books With Their Explanation and Their Translation, With the Place of Each and a Good Example. By the Chief Rabbi Elihu Bardach of Blessed Memory.]  Wien: Jacob Schlossberg, 1868.  Nicely bound in later cloth-backed marbled boards, approx. 9 X 6 inches, [2], VIII, 390 pages.  There is a frontispiece with border and Bardach's dates (1793-1864) and A TIPPED-IN PHOTO OF BARDACH, somewhat faded but quite clear. We do not find mention of this photo-frontispiece in any of the recorded copies that we have checked. Page II has an appreciation of the work in German by Professor J. Goldenthal dated 1868.  The Hebrew text is moderately wrinkled throughout, perforated stamp at foot of title page, accession number on page I.  $275.00      (Trade Discount Available)

THE AMERICANIST (ABAA),
113 Creeks Edge, Chapel Hill, NC USA 27516-8962
Telephone: 919-967-9287 email: nkane at kanebooks.com.
Proprietor: Norman Kane (50 years as an antiquarian bookseller.)