[Rarebooks] FS: Books from the Library of THEODORE ROETHKE

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Tue Dec 30 12:44:17 EST 2008

 From our HOLIDAY 2008 Catalogue of 150 NEW ARRIVALS now posted on our
web site.  Included are beautifully bound classics, signed books, fine
press titles, poetry, illustrated books, and the unusual.

1.  [ROETHKE, Theodore] CARR, Muriel B. & CLARK, John W.. AN A B C  OF
IDIOM  AND  DICTION  from the library of Theodore Roethke.  New  York:
Farrar  &  Rinehart (1939). Printed wraps. Second Printing.  From  the
library  of  poet  Theodore Roethke with his  SIGNATURE  "Roethke"  in
black  ink  on  the front cover. There a few marginal checks  next  to
words  in  either  pencil  or green ink:  credible,  demean,  feature,
mortician,  and  a few others. Circular stain to front cover  slightly
affecting the signature. Very Good                             $350.00

2.  [ROETHKE, Theodore] BEMENT, Douglas. WEAVING THE SHORT STORY  from
the  library  of Theodore Roethke. New York: Ray Long & Richard  Smith
1932.  Second Printing. From the library of poet Theodore Roethke with
his  pencil  SIGNATURE "Theodore Roethke" on the front endpaper.  Near
Fine, lacking a dustwrapper.                                   $350.00

3.    [ROETHKE,    Theodore]  FULTON,     Maurice   Garland.   WRITING
CRAFTSMANSHIP.  MODELS  AND  READINGS  from the  library  of  Theodore
Roethke.  New York: The Macmillan Company 1943. Revised Edition.  From
the  library  of  poet Theodore Roethke with his  SIGNATURE  "Theodore
Roethke" in red pencil on the front endpaper. Very Good        $350.00

4.  [ROETHKE,  Theodore]  GAY, Robert M.. WRITING  THROUGH  READING. A
SUGGESTIVE  METHOD  OF  WRITING ENGLISH from the library  of  Theodore
Roethke.  Boston: The Atlantic Monthly Press (1921). Second  Printing.
 From  the  library  of poet Theodore Roethke with his  SIGNATURE  "Ted
Roethke"  in  black  ink on the front endpaper. Near Fine in  most  of
original plain brown paper dustwrapper.                        $500.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $9.00 for the first book, $5.00 each

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent