[Rarebooks] FS: Arms and Armor of Rutherfurd Stuyvasant

Clare Murphy payson at oldbooks.com
Thu Jan 17 13:07:05 EST 2008

DEAN, BASHFORD 1867-1928.  THE COLLECTION OF ARMS AND ARMOR OF
RUTHERFURD (RUTHERFORD) STUYVESANT, 1843-1909. New York: Privately
printed, 1914. Illustrated by 51 leaves of plates, full-page mounted,
plus many other full page line drawings. First edition. One of only
225 copies, printed on hand-made paper by The De Vinne Press. This is
an out-of-series copy. Full vellum gilt with delicate gilt borders
and corner decorations. Coat-of-Arms of Stuyvesant at center of both
boards. Folio. [174 pgs] Fine. Minor soiling to boards and minor
scattered foxing to pages. Contains "List of armorers names".
Important and rare book on this subject. Gorgeous binding. OCLC
records 29 copies. $1200.00

<http://www.oldbooks.com/images/70429A.jpg>

Discount to the trade.
--

Clare Murphy
Payson Hall Books

(617) 924-8484

payson at oldbooks.com

http://www.oldbooks.com

7 day return with notice, if not as described. 5 day hold. We accept
Paypal, money orders, cashier checks. We accept personal checks from
bookdealers and known customers.