[Rarebooks] Please quote

Philip Bishop mosher at ptd.net
Wed Jul 16 17:08:23 EDT 2008

If you have any of the following, please do quote me, especially the Wants at a Glance. Thank you!

Philip R. Bishop
MOSHER BOOKS
                                    MOSHER PRESS WANTS LIST

 WANTS AT A GLANCE:

 -- Mosher books in fine highly decorated full leather signed bindings
 -- Important books from Mosher's library with his bookplate or inscription
 -- Letters to / from Thomas Bird Mosher
 -- Association copies
 -- Mosher books printed on real vellum
 -- Extra-illuminated copies

 Also seeking a particular set of Bell's British Theatre, 34 vols. British
Library / Strand, [1790-1797]. 18mo.; bound in calf; with the name "J---
Sonntag" written in particular volumes. Likely in poor condition unless
rebound after Mosher's death.

                             STILL LOOKING FOR THESE SPECIFIC TITLES

THE BIBELOT Japan vellum edition only, including individual volumes from
 1895-1915;  of course if set is nicely bound in leather I'm interested.

HOMEWARD: SONGS BY THE WAY A. E. (Miscellaneous Series), 1895 (particularly
 Japan vellum copy, or a copy inscribed by Bruce Rogers).

IN MEASURED LANGUAGE E. C. Cummings (Privately Printed), 1899.

IN MEMORIAM [Jane Anne Bell] (Privately Printed for Arthur Sewall), 1917.
 Kent, Rockwell, substituted a new title page with an original illustration
 for none other than a Mosher book. Find the copy of the Old World Series:
 Mosher Tristan and Iseult, 1923. Small octavo, the Mosher Press edition of
 1922, with title page and binding removed, an inserted title page or
 colophon saying printed at the Lakeside Press under the supervision of Wm A.
 Kittredge, and bound there in full maroon niger and binding design by Kent
 stamped in gold.

LITTLE WILLIE Eugene Field (Boston: Privately Printed), 1904.

VERSES AND A DREAM Printed for Josephine B. Pressey (Privately Printed), 1922.

WORKS OF ARTHUR SYMONS: A Bibliographical Note T.B.M. (Privately Printed),
 1912. 1/5 copies.

MOSHER BOOKS  began in February 1991 as a retail book firm for selective antiquarian books of all kinds; however, we do also stock books from the firm's namesake -- the Portland, Maine publisher, Thomas Bird Mosher. The firm's owner maintains a personal collection of books from and related to the Mosher Press. The following list contains his collecting interests and the interests of a few clients, but we are certainly interested in purchasing other Mosher Press books in near-fine to fine condition depending on the title and limitation.
 (16 July 2008)
 Philip R. Bishop
 MOSHER BOOKS         (member ABAA & ILAB, listed on ABE)
 P. O. Box 542
 Ephrata, PA 17522-0542       U.S.A.

717-733-1476
 mosher at ptd.net