[Rarebooks] fs: Lee. The African Wanderers, 1847

Back Creek Books rock at backcreekbooks.com
Wed Feb 25 07:46:07 EST 2009

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 9766 )  Lee, Mrs. R. [Sarah Wallis Bowdich]. THE AFRICAN WANDERERS: OR,
THE ADVENTURES OF CARLOS AND ANTONIO. EMBRACING INTERESTING DESCRIPTIONS OF
THE MANNERS AND CUSTOMS OF THE WESTERN TRIBES, AND THE NATURAL PRODUCTIONS
OF THE COUNTRY.
London: Grant and Griffith, 1847. First edition, 3/4 Leather, Sixteenmo,
[iv], xii, 373 pages, Black & white engraved plates. Very good, ex library.
      Victorian novel of the author's experiences in Africa illustrated with
several engraved black and white plates. Bound in marbled paper over boards
with red leather spine and fore corners. Tissue-guarded frontispiece. This
copy is from a private institutional library and bears a catalogue number at
heel of spine and their circular stamp at lower fore corner of front free
endpaper and title page. No other library marks. Prior owner gift
inscription dated 1847 on half title page. Minor rubs to boards with some
shallow chips. Shallow round water tide mark extends 1 cm into margin at top
fore corner of frontispiece. Hinges remain sound. Nice copy of the scarce
first edition....... $175.00
- Photo(s), secure ordering:
http://www.tomfolio.com/mall/backcreekbooks/bookdetails.asp?book=9766

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $5.00 for the first book, $1.25 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php