[Rarebooks] FS: Mellstock Edition of the Works of THOMAS HARDY, 1/500 SIGNED

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Mon Oct 19 12:07:34 EDT 2009

HARDY, Thomas. THE WORKS OF THOMAS HARDY. London: MacMillan & Company,
Ltd., 1919-20. The Mellstock Edition consisting of thirty-seven volumes
bound in publisher's blue cloth with gilt medallions on the front covers
and heavily gilt-decorated spines. Limited to 500 unnumbered copies
SIGNED by the author on the limitation page in the first volume.
Illustrated with a portrait frontispiece of Hardy by William Strang in
the first volume. Light, occasional wear to covers; a few volumes
slightly shaken. Contents generally clean. Very Good to Near Fine set.
$7,500.00

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be
billed. Postage additional: $75.00. Overseas postage billed at

info at charlesagvent.com