[Rarebooks] FS: Hill, Aaron. A FULL AND JUST ACCOUNT OF THE PRESENT STATE OF THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE, 1709.

About Books shop at aboutbks.com
Mon Mar 8 10:23:41 EST 2010

We can offer:
Hill, Aaron.  A FULL AND JUST ACCOUNT OF THE PRESENT STATE OF THE
OTTOMAN EMPIRE IN ALL ITS BRANCHES:  With The Government, and Policy,
Religion, Customs, and Way of Living of the Turks, in
General.  Faithfully Related From A Serious Observation, Taken in
Many Years Travels Thro' those Countries.  London: Printed for the
author, and are to be Sold by John Mayo, 1709.   Folio.  Engraved
frontis, [8], xxviii, blank, [6] pp list of subscribers, [2]pp table
of contents, 339pp.  7 engraved plates, each with an unnumbered  leaf
with an Explanation of the Plate.   Rebound with original panelled
calf from top and bottom boards laid down, new endpapers.  Tape along
hinge between front endpapers.  Some buckling to the pages
throughout.  Plate pages and their explanation page browning and
small burn hole on first plate. Last gathering shows age toning, else
a remarkably clean and crisp copy.  CDN $2,750.00

Hill, Aaron, 1685-1750.  Playwright.  Drawn from Hill's adolescence
in Constantinople and travels in Egypt and Palestine and written soon
after his return to England at the age of 23.

Terms: Payment should accompany order. Postage at cost. Shipment to a
Canadian address will have 5% GST added. We accept cheques in US or
Cdn dollars.  We accept Visa, Amex, Mastercard and Diners Club credit
cards. Books may be returned within 5 days of receipt with prior
notification.  Usual terms to the trade.

ABOUT BOOKS.
542 Third Avenue East,  Owen Sound, ON. N4K 2J8.  Canada
Phone (519) 371-2100, Toll free in North America: 1-888-945-5531.
Website:  www.aboutbks.com  Lists updated weekly.
We specialize in History, Natural Sciences, Gardening and interesting
books of all sorts.
Member: ABAC - International League of Antiquarian Booksellers.
Search their database for the books you need.   www.ilab.org