[Rarebooks] FS: Work on Feudal Law in France (1727)

Kaaterskill Books books at kaaterskillbooks.com
Wed May 5 16:40:57 EDT 2010

We offer for sale:

Brussel, Nicolas. NOUVEL EXAMEN DE L'USAGE
GÉNÉRAL DES FIEFS EN FRANCE PENDANT LE XI. LE
XII. LE XIII. & LE XIVE. SIÈCLE, POUR SERVIR À
L'INTELLIGENCE DES PLUS ANCIENS TITRES DU DOMAINE
DE LA COURONNE [TWO VOLUMES]. Paris: C.
Prud'homme et C. Robustel, 1727. LLVIII, 674;
[4], [675]-1046, CCX, 102, [2] pp. 4to. Full
speckled calf, spine with five raised bands, two
morocco lettering pieces, one red, one green,
four compartments heavily decorated in gilt,
marbled endpapers, all edges stained red.  First
edition. One of the most remarkable works on
Feudal law published in France. "Un des plus
remarquables travaux sur le droit féodal publiés
en France," (Albert Maire, Manuel pratique du
bibliothécaire_ p. 4). Later editions were
published in 1739 by LeClerc and in 1750 by
Nully. Brussel (d.1750) was auditor of accounts
at Paris. Very good copies, joints rubbed,
corners worn with minor loss, volume I with one
inch split to lower joint and shallow chips to
spine ends, small insect hole on front board, but
has not penetrated, edges of free endpapers and
blanks stained, otherwise leaves quite clean with
the odd bit of foxing.   Graesse I, 558. Brunet
I, 1306. See Barbier III, 15357. [35571] $900.00

Regards,

Charles Kutcher
Kaaterskill Books
P. O. Box 122
East Jewett, NY 12424
email: books at kaaterskillbooks.com
phone: 518-589-0555
www.kaaterskillbooks.com
Members ABAA/ILAB

TERMS:

Call or email us to reserve a book. We accept
checks, money orders, American Express,
Mastercard, and Visa. Foreign orders should be in
U.S. funds on a U.S. bank. New York residents
please add appropriate sales tax or forward a tax
id number. Libraries and Institutions can be
billed. Trade allowance. Postage for Domestic
orders is $4.00 for the first book and $1.50 for
each additional volume. Books are normally
shipped Media Mail. For international orders,
postage is calculated individually. All books may
be returned in original condition for any reason
within two weeks with prior notification.