[Rarebooks] Announcement: New Catalog: American Transcendentalists: Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Tue Oct 19 13:19:34 EDT 2010

  Our latest internet catalog--American Transcendentalists: Ralph Waldo
Emerson and Henry David Thoreau--consists of 55 items, mostly new
arrivals and with many autographed pieces. Highlights include several
letters, manuscript items, and inscribed books by Emerson, a few bound
copies of the Dial magazine edited by Emerson and Margaret Fuller, and a
number of first editions by Thoreau including WALDEN and the issue of
his first book that prompted his famous quote: _"I have now a library of
nearly nine hundred volumes, over seven hundred of which I wrote
myself."_  We list two copies of those 700.  A direct link to our
Catalogs page is:
http://www.charlesagvent.com/shop/agvent/catalogues.html?id=EPnCfiRM&mv_pc=1534

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 22nd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com