[Rarebooks] FS: THE FORTUNE ANTHOLOGY with contributions by Wallace Stevens, Henry Miller, etc., SIGNED by the three editors, price reduced

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Sun Feb 6 14:44:58 EST 2011

Price reduced:    Was $350    Now  $250:

(STEVENS, Wallace; MILLER, Henry; DURRELL, Lawrence; SITWELL, Osbert;
etc.) [NEWTON, Douglas; MOORE, Nicholas; BAYLISS, John]. THE FORTUNE
ANTHOLOGY. STORIES, CRITICISM AND POEMS. London: The Fortune Press, n.d
[1942]. First Edition. Orange cloth in a yellow dustwrapper. Contains
the first book appearance of Stevens's "Asides on the Oboe" and "Mrs.
Alfred Uruguay (Edelstein B29) as well as Miller's essay "The Wisdom of
the Heart." This copy is SIGNED by the three editors: Nicholas Moore,
John Bayliss, and Douglas Newton, whose copy this was and who has also
SIGNED the dustwrapper. In addition Newton has made several corrections
and additions in the text. Dustwrapper is soiled with some loss along
the spine. Near Fine in a Good dustwrapper.         $250.00

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 23rd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com