[Rarebooks] FS: Beautifully Bound COMPLEAT ANGLER by Izaak Walton, price reduced

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Mon Jun 20 10:56:11 EDT 2011

Price reduced:    Was $250   Now  $200:

WALTON, Izaak & COTTON, Charles. THE COMPLEAT ANGLER. London: John
Lane/The Bodley Head, (1926).  Reprint of the 1897 edition edited by
Richard Le Gallienne with numerous illustrations by Edmund H. New. Thick
octavo (4-3/4" x 7-1/4") bound by Riviere & Son for Leary's in full
green polished calf with a central gilt device on the front cover,
gilt-decorated floral borders, heavily gilt-decorated spine with gilt
angling devices in each panel and contrasting gilt-lettered morocco
spine labels, gilt dentelles with lake-patterned endpapers, all edges
gilt; close to 600 pages. Contemporary owner inscription on the front
endpaper. Mild sunning to covers, heavier to the spine which is now
faded to a lighter color. Near Fine in a handsome binding.         $200.00

See images of this book here:

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/013637.jpeg

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/013637a.jpg

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/013637b.jpg

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/013637c.jpg

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 23rd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com