[Rarebooks] FS: THE RUBAIYAT OF OMAR KHAYYAM, 1909, in a lovely full morocco binding, price reduced

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Mon Jun 20 11:04:42 EDT 2011

Price reduced:    Was $350   Now  $250:

KHAYYAM, Omar. THE RUBAIYAT OF OMAR KHAYYAM. London: MacMillan & Co.,
1909. Reprint. The Golden Treasury Edition. Small octavo (3-7/8" x 6")
bound in full green morocco with floral gilt decoration and rules on
both covers and gilt rules on the spine which has five raised bands and
gilt lettering; gilt dentelles; all edges gilt. The text is presented in
two translations: the first not identified except by the editor's
initials "W. A. W." and the second Edward Fitzgerald's First English
Translation of 1859. Presentation inscription from singer Lade Lovelle
of the Temple's English Entertainers on the front pastedown, endpaper,
four front blanks, and title page (apparently he had a lot to say), and
a small label on the bottom margin of the contents page. Light rubbing
along spine edges with splits beginning at the bottom of both covers
which are tight. Near Fine in a handsome binding.         $250.00

See images of this book here:

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/014144.JPG

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/014144a.JPG

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/014144b.JPG

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 23rd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com