[Rarebooks] FS: Juvenile Illus - Sale

Madlyn Blom OldBagLady at verizon.net
Sat Dec 29 09:58:41 EST 2012

Friends:
Our photo and description on F.B. today is of Mother Earth's Children -
an adorable illustrated bookoriginally written for children.
http://www.FaceBook.com/OldBagLady. Additional photos available upon
request. <http://www.FaceBook.com/OldBagLady>

Other illustrated children's books today are:

Beskow, Elsa: AUNT BROWN'S BIRTHDAY A Story Told and Illustrated by Elsa
Beskow Harper & Brothers Ne York 1930. Hardcover 8vo 8" - 9" tall
PagesUnpaginated 1st Edition 1st Printing First Edition. 9-1/2" Tall x
12-7/8 Wide. Rare title. White boards with red cloth at spine. Covers
and spine are somewhat worn . Illustrations are bright but last two
illustrations have damage - color from illustrations have been pulled
off on prior page.. 10 full page color illustrations plus color
illustration on title page and 1/2 of first page of the story. It's Aunt
Brown's birthday and the other Aunts try to get her a special gift for
her birthday. An amusing story full of adorable illustrations. Prior
owners name in pencil "From Aunt Myrthle to Beverly ..." G/ NONE $155.00
sale today: $100.00 ppd.U.S. media

Petersham, Maud and Miska (Written and Illustrated by) : THE STORY BOOK
OF SHIPS The John C. Winston Company 1935. Hardcover Square 8vo 8" to 9"
tall Pages Unpaginated 1st Edition 1st Printing Blue hardcover cloth
binding with clean and crisp picture pastedown clean square and tight.
Text and illustrations bright with no underlining or other flaws. A
favorite illustrator! “This product is a collectible item not intended
for use by children under age 12.” Proud Member of FABA (Fl Antiquarian
Booksellers' Assoc) Inscribed "to Earl, 1937" in small lettering. The d.
J. Has a 1/2 closer tear at top and other scuffing - all present.
Enclosed in protective mylar now. VG+/ G $27.50 Today's sale: $20.00
ppd.U.S. media

Storm, Grace E. : BOB AND JUDY Basic Reading Program Guidance in Reading
Program Lyons & Carnahan 1936. Hardcover Small 8vo 7½" - 8" tall
Pages154 1st Edition 1st Printing Illus. by:Vera Stone Norman Color
Illustrations You aren't going to find a copy in much better condition
than this one! Corners just slightly bumped, no handwriting inside, no
prior owner's name or kid's scribbles, no torn pages, etc. Covers tight.
A wonderful book for teaching reading or collecting. VG+/ NONE $39.50
Today's Sale: $23.50 ppd. U.S. media

6799 THE GARDEN FENCE And Other Stories McLoughlin Brothers 1882.
Softcover Small 4to 9" - 11" tall PagesUnpaginated 1st Edition 1st
Printing Illus. by:Ida Waugh Color Illustrations This 1882 juvenile book
is just adorable. Stitched binding still in great shape. The back cover
has the publisher's advertisements for other "picture books for little
children". Drawings are by Miss Ida Waugh as printed on front cover. The
little stories are such as The Cut Finger: "When our little Bessie
found, Lying open on the ground, Mamma's scissors, sharp and new, What
did Naught Bessie do?"...nicely illustrated 2 young girls in long
dresses with one putting a bandage on the other's cut finger. Other
similar stories and illustrations. Minimal flaws as seen in photo.
Scarce item, maybe even rare? Softcover as first issued. VG-/ NONE
$94.50 Sale $75.00 ppd. U.S. media

Cady, Harrison: OL' MR. BEAR'S HONEY HUNT Whiman Publishing Co. 1928.
Softcover 4to 11" - 13" tall PagesUnpaginated 1st Edition 1st Printing
Illus. by:Harrison Cady Color Illustrations This 1928 first edition is
hard to describe so far as condition goes - I don't want to mislead -
the book is intact and very good condition with the exception of the
covers - they aren't present! The stapled contents are highly
illustrated with almost full page brightly colored illustrations by
Harrison Cady who did the Burgess books. The publisher and date are on
the front page of this book, there are no tears or handwriting or
coloring in the book. If you are looking to complete your Cady
collection, this may be just what you need until a fine copy comes
along. G+/ NONE $94.50 Today's Sale: 70.00 ppd. U.S. media.

Johnson, Crockett: HAROLD AND THE PURPLE CRAYON Harper & Brothers 1955.
Hardcover 16mo 6" - 7" tall Pages Unpaginated 1st Edition 1st Printing
Illus. by:Crockett Johnson Cartoon Type I have been unable to confirm
what edition this book is. The title page says 1955 and the publisher is
consistent to a 'pre 1963 edition. There is no d. J. Many dealers In the
juvenile field say that the edition can't be confirmed without the d. J.
This has beige covers with white writing, not pictorial covers. I'm
listing it as a first edition with reservations - I think it may have
been a library binding of the first edition - but I can't confirm that.
About the author: Johnson, Crockett 1906-1975 (Cartoonist) 99 works in
343 publications in 18 languages. Harold goes for an adventurous walk in
the moonlight with his purple crayon and has trouble finding his way
back home. Illustrated. Juvenile. VG/ NONE $180.00 Toay's Sale $100 ppd.
media, U.S.

Longest, Edna: THE POLKA DOT BABIES And Their Little Rag Doll J. I.
Austen Co Chicago Ill 1908. Pictorial Wraps 4to 11" - 13" tall
PagesUnpaginated 2nd Edition 1st Printing B&W and Color Illustrations
Illustrations with 4 lines of verse beneath each and marginal drawings.
12 pages plus illustrated covers. No handwriting or coloring defacing
book. Primary illustrations bright and intact. All pages present with
stitched binding. Edges are very rough but with this primary color
illustrations present and unaffected by tears, I'm rating this book
good+. It is a scarce juvenile book. G+/ NONE $150.00 Today's Sale:
$100.00 ppd. media.

OK - if you go to my website and make a firm offer on other juvenile
books, I'll seriously consider (not $1.00 - a similar reasonable firm
offer!). Happy New Year. PayPal and Checks accepted. Other methods also
accepted if I can figure them all out - as well as pick-up by
appointment! Madlyn

P.S. I haven't sold one item this year on this IOBA FS list - so I might
not be renewing my membership for 2013. If you haven't bookmarked my
website or F.B. page, please do so if interested. See below for links.
Thanks. Madlyn

--

Search Our Inventory at:http://www.OldBagLadyBooks.com

Member: FABA (FL Antiquarian Booksellers’ Assoc.) and I.O.B.A.

http://www.FaceBook.com/OldBagLady

Madlyn Blom

P.O. Box 5407

Sun City Center, FL 33571-5407