[Rarebooks] FS: Boris Pasternak's MY SISTER-LIFE, 1/250 copies of this beautiful production incorporating Russian newspaper fragments in the paper

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Sat Jan 14 11:17:30 EST 2012

 From one of the world's largest inventories of Limited Edition Club
books for sale with nearly all titles available at any given time.  If
you don't see it on our website

http://www.charlesagvent.com

ask, as we carry hundreds of LECs we have yet to catalog and are always
in the process of acquiring more.

PASTERNAK, Boris (Yuri KUPER). MY SISTER-LIFE. New York: Limited
Editions Club, 1991. Large folio (16" x 23") imaginatively halfbound
with a gray goatskin spine and the same leather used as strips on the
fore-edge of each cover with treated handmade paper sides using the same
paper as the text. Housed in a slipcase made of tough gray linen-rayon.
Printed letterpress on paper made by hand to resemble the sort of stock
produced in the 1920s in the Soviet Union. To attain this effect,
Russian newspapers were cut into minute pieces and incorporated with
rags and cotton pulp with individual Cyrillic letters floated onto the
mixture before the process was completed. Illustrated with six etchings
by Yuri Kuper printed in Paris on Hahnemuhle paper by Aldo Crommelynck,
whose superlative techniques, inherited from the European crafts
tradition, have been used by such artists as Picasso, Jasper Johns, and
Jim Dine. SIGNED by the illustrator on the colophon page. Copy #198 of
only 250, one of the smallest limitations of the club. Monthly Letter
laid in. Fine in a Fine slipcase. (#007859)        $2,500.00

See images here:

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/007859.jpeg

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/pasternak.jpg

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/pasternak1.jpg

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/pasternak2.jpg

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/pasternak3.jpg

--
All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.  Postage additional: $10.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each thereafter.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost.  Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax.  Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover accepted.  Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given.  Please insure returns for their full value.  We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Signed Books, Presidential Autographs, Illustrated Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books.  We are celebrating our 24th year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.  Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com