[Rarebooks] FS: Rowlandson the Caricaturist -1880 2 volume set

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Tue Jun 26 18:16:57 EDT 2012

TITLE: “Rowlandson the Caricaturist. A Selection from His Works, with
Anecdotal Descriptions of His Famous Caricatures and A Sketch of his Life,
Times, and Contemporaries”

By Joseph Grego.
Published in New York by J.W. Bouton in 1880.

DISCUSSION: Thomas Rowlandson [1756-1827] was an English artist and
caricaturist. His work included the personification of the United Kingdom
as John Bull who was developed from about 1790 in conjunction with other
British satirical artists such as Gillray and George Cruikshank. His other
most well-known work was the Dr. Syntax Tours series, and he provided
illustrations for many well-known authors of his day.

pages, black & white illustrations. Publisher’s red cloth with elaborately
gilt-decorated leather spines.

CONDITION NOTES: Covers quite worn, dark stains on the boards, spines
rubbed but still bright and handsome.  Volume 1 front hinge loose.  Some
scattered light internal soil.

PRICE: $250

SOME PICTURES =>

<http://www.joslinhall.com/images373/th-37330-cover.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images373/th-37330-cover2.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images373/th-37330-page1.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images373/th-37330-page2.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images373/th-37330-page3.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images373/th-37330-page4.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images373/th-37330-page5.jpg>

 - -

Our WEBSITE-
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

Our BLOG-
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

On TWITTER-
<https://twitter.com/joslinhall>

Our EMAIL LIST-

Our LATEST CATALOG-
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_current.htm>

 ~ ~ ~

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for
the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the
U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within
ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.