[Rarebooks] FS: Dostoevsky's CRIME AND PUNISHMENT Illustrated and SIGNED by Fritz Eichenberg

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Thu May 10 21:04:54 EDT 2012

 From one of the world's largest inventories of Limited Edition Club
books for sale with nearly all titles available at any given time.  If
you don't see it on our website

http://www.charlesagvent.com <http://www.charlesagvent.com/>

ask, as we carry hundreds of LECs we have yet to catalog and are always
in the process of acquiring more.

DOSTOEVSKY, Fyodor. CRIME AND PUNISHMENT. New York: Limited Editions
Club, 1948. Two large quarto (8" x 11-1/8") volumes bound in black and
red linen with a gilt-decorated inset on the front cover. Translated by
Constance Garnett. Illustrated with powerful wood engravings by Fritz
Eichenberg. Of a total edition of 1500 copies SIGNED by the artist on
the colophon page, this is one of only 25 Presentation Copies with the
publisher's blindstamp attesting to such on the colophon page where
instead of a number the initials "G.C." are handwritten. Acquired
directly from the publisher's files, this copy belonged to Gordon
Carroll who was in charge of the club's operations in the 1970s when it
operated out of Avon, CT. A superb edition of this classic. Fine in
glassines and a Fine slipcase. (#016312)        $350.00

See an image here:

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/016312.jpg
--
All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be
billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each
thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania
residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and
Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for
any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior
notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a
diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century
Literary First Editions, Signed Books, Presidential Autographs,
Illustrated Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions
Club books. *We have been in business since 1987 and are proud to be
members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and
the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB).* Please feel
free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you. CHARLES
AGVENT 291 Linden Road Mertztown, PA 19539-8750 610-682-4750
info at charlesagvent.com Please visit our shop: http://www.charlesagvent.com