[Rarebooks] FS: Letter from President Roosevelt

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 09:46:32 EDT 2012

Roosevelt, Franklin Delano. TYPEWRITTEN LETTER, SIGNED (TLS): One page on
pale-green White House stationery, 9" x 7" with integral blank leaf, dated
November 8, 1940. . Original manuscript. Addressed to: Honorable L.B.
Schofield, Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia. "Dear Mr. Schofield: Francis Biddle
has told me of your accident....I know of the excellent work you have been
doing in connection with the reorganization of the Immigration and
Naturalization Service.... Sincerely yours, Franklin D. Roosevelt" [signed
in blue ink]. Includes the original mailing envelope, postmarked
Washington, roughly opened at one end. Very Good.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1882-1945), 32nd President of the United States
from 1933 to 1945. (#035250)        $1,800.00

*Terms*:  Payment by check, money order, or credit card in US funds drawn
on a US bank.
Libraries billed on request.  Price net to all.  Shipping charges:  Insured
mail included.
Shipments abroad at cost.  Returns accepted with advance notice, within 10
days of receipt

R & A  Petrilla   PO Box 306   Roosevelt, NJ 08555   (609) 426-4999